Easter, once the poor relation of annual festivities which was usurped by Christmas every time.
In the Catholic calendar and various other religions, the importance of Easter far surpasses that of Crimbo and I’m delighted that this spring siesta has finally started to carve it’s own place on the calendar of craft and creativity.
My top ingredients for a perfect Easter gathering would be food, small gifts – mainly of the scrummy chocolate variety – and fam-a-lam.
Recently, I was invited to visit once more with my HelloFresh family – read lots more about that here – to indulge in an Easter feast lovingly prepared by their team of skilled creators, cooks and nutritionists which they have primped and perfected, ready to go off to gazillions of homes in their Easter boxes.
One thing you can be assured of at HelloFresh H.Q. is a great feed!
We enjoyed a little table decoration challenge which involved us making our own vivariums full of spring beauty – which we even got to take home, much to my children’s delight!
How gorgeous is this layout? An Instagram dream!
So, what was on the menu? A banquet in fact. As usual HelloFresh have hit the hot spot for our our tastebuds and nailed the perfect meal.
To start, we had Chermoula Prawns with a Pomegranate Salad and Za’atar Toasts
Main was a sumptuous serving of the finest aromatic Leg of Lamb with sides of herby gratin, purple sprouting brocolli, roasted carrot, parsnip picada and a scrumptious berry jus. I can still taste it now, what they did with those vegetables was genius! Here comes the lamb though, so my darling veggie friends – please look away now!
For the first time ever, HF have a dessert in their boxes for this Easter and it was with great delight, I learned it was also my favourite pudding EVER!!! (Shouty capitals absolutely necessary there!) It was only the comfort food of champions – apple crumble! Not just any old apple crumble though – it was Apple, Rhubarb and Orange Zest Crumble with Vanilla Bean Cream – I don’t even have the adjectives to describe how scrummy it was!!
Ok, ok, on to the nibbly bits.
The biggest word associated with Easter is traditionally eggs so it’s only right I give you my top picks. Then when the kids have chocolate coming out of their ears, its nice to give a small Easter themed item to mix it up a bit. I know my kids get so many sweet treats from family and friends I stopped buying many eggs and went down the small gift route. Here are my faves of both varieties and where to buy them.
1. Paul London proffers this decadently rich cake which is the perfect centrepiece for Easter celebrations. Made using dark chocolate sponge, a thin layer of chocolate mousse and craquant, decorated with white chocolate, gold sparkles and an iced chick – satisfy your sweet tooth and indulge your inner chocoholic, it’s Easter after all!
2. Hema have a plethora of Easter nibbles and gifts available but I’ve selected this one-stop Easter Egg Hunt Kit to make life easy for me and get in the kids’ good books all at once!
3. If you’re looking for something a little chirpier than the traditional egg, opt for PAUL’s carefully-crafted milk chocolate hollow Easter hens, ideal for all ages. Finished with dark and white chocolate touches.
4. ProCook’s Easter Egg making kit will satisfy my mini-cooks and we can give the results as gifts too for our local friends, if they last that long! All the children I know love nothing more than creating their own and ProCook make it that bit easier.
5. If chocolate ain’t your bag, this cutesy bunny will be! A lasting lovely, this Littlelife daysack backpack with built in reins will be the gift that keeps on giving and drawing lots of compliments too!
6. A rich luxury milk chocolate egg, finished with a delicate floral design and an adorable pocket-sized bouncing bunny lollipop, made using deliciously creamy milk chocolate, perfect for the little ones!
7. Cadbury know how to give great eggs, and cheap and cheerful but scrummy at the same time, their extensive selection ( my fave is mini Eggs – hint hint!) will cover every base.
8. Have you ever had a chocolate baguette??? No, me neither til now! Returning to the PAUL shelves after an incredible success throughout National Chocolate Week, break bread with friends or take an alternative approach to Easter with this innovative chocolate baguette. Top with your favourite fresh fruit, crushed nuts or your favourite PAUL spread.
These PAUL Easter products are available online & in store from 28th March – 27th April other than the cake and baguette.The chocolate Easter egg cakes (large and individual) will be available to pre-order online from 28th March. The large cake (serves 6-8) will be available for collection, delivery (within m25) and to purchase in all shops from 14th – 17th April. The individual Easter egg cake, carrot cake and chocolate baguette will be available from 11th – 17th April.
Now what do you take for your host when invited for Easter dinner? What to give the cook to say thanks for all their efforts and hard work? Well, I have discovered my new vice – Appleyard London.
For the most exquisite floral arrangements I’ve seen in a very long time, it will be Appleyard all the way in this house now! These breathtaking beauties arrived on Monday and left me speechless, which doesn’t happen very often as you know!
My stunning vase was a very kind gift from Portmeirion – My go-to for beautiful tableware and gifts galore.
As seen in Vogue, Elle, House & Garden, Harpers Bazaar…the luxe list is endless!
I have an exclusive discount code for you all to bag a chunky monkey 20% off ALL their bouquets right now – GINGERMUM20 – what are you waiting for???
If you have a bit more patience, I am also delighted to team up with Appleyard London to offer one of you lovely lot a bouquet of your choice, worth up to £35. Simply enter via the Rafflecopter below and best of luck!
*Disclosure: This is a collaborative post*